Star were approached by a fast growing Pharmaceutical Company who promote selected in-licensed products across a range of specialist therapy areas, to help increase their revenue. Strategic goals for the project included driving awareness and endorsement of brands in both Primary and Secondary Care.
Relying entirely upon Star for their promotional resource, the client was initially looking for a dual-focused approach of a dedicated National Field Force selling their two major brands, working alongside a Syndicated Team (including the Pf Award winning Representative of the Year) selling their principal product within the Primary Care setting. More recently however, following a product launch within an entirely new therapy area, this has grown to include a multi-channel approach.
Following two successful years of growth across both key brands, and in anticipation of a product launch into a therapy area where the company had no previous experience, a national analysis of prescribing and referral patterns was conducted.
In order to augment the existing field resource, the UK market was segmented with an appropriate targeting and sizing strategy agreed between the client and Clinical Cube, which facilitated an additional, and entirely new approach for the field-based teams' call strategy.
• The Company’s primary brand continues to grow beyond expectation, achieving 105% of their annual target, and a sales trend demonstrating exponential growth
• The primary brand is currently in c£2,500,000 growth vs. the previous year
• Their secondary brand has achieved over 100% of its annual target in a complex market
• c70% of CCGs are currently targeted by field-based resources, with MCAMs allocated to the remaining 30%, meaning 100% CCG coverage nationally
• 25,500 contacts were made by the Syndicated Team alone in the first 11 months of the contract, at a rate of 4.73 calls per day
• Both the Dedicated and Syndicated Team resources have been renewed
• The MCAM Team have been added to the contract
Annual target achieved by primary brand
The primary brand is currently in c£2,500,000 growth vs. the previous year